The Elizabeth Stampede Royalty comprises a Queen and an Attendant. Competition starts with a free clinic and culminates in the crowning of the new Queen and Attendant at the Sunday rodeo.
For more details, contact Dana (committee chair) and Jill (vice-chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org
- March 21, Competition Clinic, 8 to 4, 40495 CR 13, Elizabeth [click for map]
- April 30, Application Deadline
- May 9, Competition at the rodeo grounds
- June 7, 2016 Royalty will be announced
- Required: Liability Release Form For All Activities
- Royalty Application Form
- Royalty Competition Format
- Royalty Qualification Guidelines
This is an overview. For a full and official list of qualifications, click here.
- Queen: Contestants must be 17-21 years of age by March 1st of the pageant year
- Attendant: Contestants must be 14-17 years of age by March 1st of the pageant year
Residency: Contestants must be Colorado residents. They must live in Elbert County or within about 60 miles of Elizabeth
Horsemanship: Each contestant must demonstrate to the committee that they are mounted on a well-broke horse that is accustomed to loud noises and commotion. Should the committee determine that such is not the case, contestants will be asked to find a different horse or the committee will help them locate one.
This is an overview. For a full and official list of qualifications, please write to email@example.com
Throughout the reign year, the queen and attendant represent and promote the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo in a variety of venues. Example include:
- Area rodeos, county fairs, parades, and schools
- Hospitals and charitable events
- Sponsor events
- Radio and TV
- Stampede committee meetings, general meetings, PRCA meetings
- Royalty luncheons and functions
- Next year’s clinic and competition events