Royalty Clinic and Competition
The Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo Royalty comprises a Queen and an Attendant. They are the faces of our rodeo, representing and promoting Elizabeth Stampede events at parades, other rodeos, community events, and more.
Clinic: August 14th 8 am. Casey Jones Arena
Competition: September 11th, 8 am. Casey Jones Arena
Royalty Committee Chair, Jill Stuebner, 303-263-9151
Committee Vice Chair, Dianna Hiatt, 330-880-7962
- Required: Liability Release Form For All Activities
- Royalty Handbook and Code of Conduct (contract)
- Competition Poster
- Competition Application - please note, applications for 2022 will use an online system. We expect to release that before August 14th.
- Recommendation Letter Outline
- Competition format
- Queen: Contestants must be 17-21 years of age by January 1 of the year for which she will hold the title”.
- Attendant: Contestants must be 15-19 years of age by January 1st the year for which she will hold the title”
- Contestants must be Colorado residents and live within about 50 miles of Elizabeth
- Each contestant shall compete on the horse they plan to use during their reign. She must demonstrate to the committee that she is mounted on a well-broke horse that is accustomed to loud noises and lots of arena activity. Horses must be parade safe. Should the committee determine that such is not the case, contestants will be asked to find a different horse or the committee may help them locate one. It is the Queen’s and Attendant’s responsibility to have a horse that they can use throughout their reign.
- Topic will be provided once completed application is received.
Responsibilities Overview: Throughout the reign year, the queen and attendant represent and promote the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo in a variety of venues. Examples include:
- Area rodeos, county fairs, parades and schools
- Stampede committee meetings, general meetings, PRCA meetings
- Royalty luncheons and functions
- Sponsor events
- Next year’s clinic and competition events
- Hospital and charitable events