On behalf of the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo, the Board of Directors, and the over 200 volunteers who produce this rodeo, we’d like to welcome you to the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo.
For the past year, we have been planning a great rodeo that we hope you won’t forget! From welcoming faces at the entrance gate to our cooks serving hot and hearty meals at the Hospitality Tent, all of us want you to feel like the honored guests that you are. If there is something you need or some way that we can help you out, please feel free to ask any volunteer who will be happy to assist you or find someone who can.
We will keep this page updated and it will be our primary source of last-minute information so please check it before you come. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Ron Howard, Production Committee Chair & Board of Directors,
- Colby Glick, Vice Chair
- Kala Sneed, Vice Chair
- Our PRCA Number is 1247
- You must be a WPRA or PRCA member to enter the Elizabeth Stampede.
- All entries must be done via the Procomm system.
- All contestants must check in with the secretary one hour prior to the performance.
- Friday, 7pm: Friday Night Chute Out and First Responder Night
- Saturday, 1pm: Tough Enough to Wear Pink PRCA Rodeo
- Saturday, 7pm: Colorado Ag Night PRCA Rodeo
- Sunday Slack, 8am: Order: Steer Wrestling, Team Roping, Tie Down Roping, Barrel Racing
- Sunday, 1pm: Red, White, and Blue PRCA Rodeo
- The arena is located in Casey Jones Park, 4189 Hwy. 86 (northeast corner of Hwy 86 and County Road 17), Elizabeth, CO 80107. Enter via the Contestant Only entrance on CR17.
- You MUST HAVE A CURRENT PRCA Card, WPRA Card, Permit or Companion Pass to enter the rodeo grounds through the Contestants Entrance. No exceptions.
Meals and snacks will be available to contestants and one companion on a companion pass free of charge. Additional meals can be purchased for $3.00 each. There is a contestant lounge area behind the bucking chutes with complimentary drinks and snacks.
Payout per PRCA rule book. This is a Rodeo Pay event. Event champions will be presented with custom Montana Silversmiths Champions’ Spurs and other prizes. Performance winners will receive prizes that may vary from year to year.
Back numbers will be provided by the committee and are to be worn by all contestants, except during slack. Pick them up in the rodeo secretary’s office when you check in. Barrel racers: run-in start from alleyway; closed gate for stop; exit northwest gate.
Open Arena Policy: Timed event contestants note that the arena is open for riding during the rodeo during the following times ONLY:
- Saturday: 7:30AM-8:00AM
- Saturday: 5:00PM-5:30PM
- Sunday: 6:30AM-7:00AM
Times subject to change based on stock contractor or rodeo committee needs or constraints.
We have posted Horse Free Zones to prevent biohazards in certain high traffic areas; please be respectful of the postings.
Please note that our specialty act may use fireworks or explosions.
Please be respectful of our rodeo grounds. If you clean out your trailer, put all waste in the containers located on the west end of contestant parking.
Livestock Health Concerns
The Elizabeth Stampede is committed to keeping our animal athletes safe and healthy. A veterinarian will be available during the rodeo at all times and contact information will be posted in the Rodeo Secretary’s office.
Stalls or pens are available for rent on a first come basis at the Elbert County Fairgrounds, 7 miles east of the arena. They also have RV hookups available for rent on a first come basis. More information can found at: https://elbertcounty-co.gov/fairgrounds/