Elizabeth Stampede PRCA Rodeo
You may download a PDF file of the Rules Here.
Stampede Royalty Court:
The Elizabeth Stampede Royalty will represent the Elizabeth Stampede, the PRCA, the Sport of Rodeo and the western way of life throughout her reign. The court will consist of a Queen and an Attendant. The current Rodeo Competition will be for the next rodeo years Elizabeth Stampede Queen and the Elizabeth Stampede Attendant.
The reining attandant is eligible to participate in the Queen competition for the following year provided adequete notice is given to the Royalty committee in writing.
- Queen: Contestant must be 17-21 years of age by March 1st of the pageant year. This position is a (1) year commitment. (Unless otherwise approved by Committee).
- Attendant: Contestants must be 14-17 years of age by March 1st of the pageant year. (Unless otherwise approved by Committee).
- Contestants must be approximately 60 miles of Elizabeth Colorado, or be a resident of Elbert County.
- If selected, Royalty must be within travel distance or available for travel to Elizabeth Stampede required events during the reign year.
- Contestants must be a resident of the State of Colorado.
- Contestants must be single and never married and/or pregnant.
- If any member of the Royalty court decides to marry or becomes pregnant, she will automatically forfeit her reign.
Liabilities and Releases:
- Once Crowned as Queen, proof of liability insurance for the reign year must be provided to the coordinator prior to or immediately thereafter receiving the horse trailer. A copy of the insurance will be provided to the sponsor of the trailer as well as kept on file with the coordinator. Should the insurance expire during the reign, the trailer will be given back to the coordinator until current insurance is provided.
- Each member of the Royalty court, Parent and/or guardian must sign a Stampede liability waiver that is kept on file with the coordinator.
The rein of the Elizabeth Stampede Royalty begins immediately following the competition years rodeo and ends with the following years rodeo last performance.
As an Representative for the Elizabeth Stampede, you will be required to attend many events. Below are the guidelines set forth by the committee to ensure your safety and the well being of the Rodeo.
- Elizabeth Stampede Royalty will be supervised/chaperoned at all times by parent/coach/guardian or coordinator.
- A parent/coach/guardian should be available to their daughter at all times when attending a function as an Elizabeth Stampede representative.
- As representatives of the Elizabeth Stampede the royalty court must be perceived as a team. Therefore the court must remain together unless other arrangements have been made and the coordinator has approved those arrangements in advance.
- Each Royalty must show proof to the committee that they are mounted on a well broke horse that is accustomed to loud noises and commotion. Should the committee determine that the horse is unsafe, the ladies will be asked to find a different horse, or the committee will help them locate one.
- Horses that are not accustomed to parades, will require a walker during the parade. It is up to the discretion of the royalty committee as to whether a walker is required or not.
- Horses that are unruly during rodeo grand entries may not be allowed in the arenas. Determination will be up to the discretion of the royalty committee and/or arena coordinator.
- Proof of Health and Coggins as well as West Nile vaccinations will be required for all royalty horses.
- Maintain proper tack and safe transportation.
- Royalty will not discipline their horses in the arena or any other public venue. If caught doing so, that person will receive an infraction.
- Function attendance by any of the Royalty must be approved through the committee/coordinator.
- Coordination of all communications and/or invitations must be done through the committee and/or coordinator.
- All Fund Raisers must be coordinated with and approved by the committee prior to any communication of the event is posted.
- All Email communication regarding the stampede royalty and/or coordination of events must be sent to the coordinator/committee or they must be copied on the communication.
It is the duty of the Royalty coordinator/committee to ensure that the royalty represents the Elizabeth Stampede with the upmost respect and dignity. There is an infraction program in place to ensure the quality of representation is upheld during each reign. While in Reign, should royalty commit any of the following, the coordinator/committee will issue an infraction to the person who committed the act. Three infractions and the committee will recommend to the Stampede Board disqualification and removal from reign.
Types of Infractions:
- Refusal to travel to a required Event without being excused prior to the event by the committee/coordinator.
- Representing the Stampede at events without prior approval by the Royalty committee and/or coordinator.
- Disciplining a horse in the arena or in a public venue.
- Drinking or smoking while in royalty attire and/or representing the Stampede.
- Hand holding or kissing a boyfriend while in royalty attire and/or representing the Stampede.
- Usage of sponsor horse trailer for events while not representing the Stampede.
- Cussing or swearing in public while in royalty attire and/or representing the Stampede
- Fighting while in royalty attire.
- Showing any disrespect of any persons or venues while acting as a representative of the Elizabeth Stampede, or while dressed in royalty attire.
- Any young lady who conducts herself in a manner that is unladylike or with conduct that is embarrassing to the Elizabeth Stampede.
- For whatever reason should royalty be asked to resign, she will be required to forfeit her prizes and awards to the committee.
- Any royalty that is arrested or is issued a ticket for drinking, drugs or any violent acts is grounds for immediate dismissal.
All members of the Royalty must be in full and appropriate western attire when appearing on behalf of the Elizabeth Stampede PRCA Rodeo. This will include at all times the Elizabeth Stampede Crown with felt hat (no straw hats), Banner and the Elizabeth Stampede Buckle.
According to what is appropriate for the designated function, she may wear, skirts, dresses, pants, vest, or jacket. A long sleeved shirt or blouse, along with Wrangler jeans are required. NO pleather pants, ripped or faded jeans. Jeans must be pressed at all times. Proper boots must accompany these outfits. No high heeled or lace up boots are to be worn with skirts or jeans. Western boots are to be worn. While representing the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo, royalty will not be seen in short sleeved, key hole, tank top or crop top style shirts, shorts, cut off or cut out pants. These requirements follow the Miss Rodeo Colorado PRCA guidelines.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES of the ELIZABETH STAMPEDE ROYALTY
Represent and promote the Elizabeth Stampede PRCA Rodeo and the Sport of Rodeo at the following venues:
- Area Rodeos
- County Fairs
- Area Schools
- Area Parades
- Charitable Events
- Sponsor Events
- Stampede Committee Meetings
- Royalty Luncheons and Functions
- Requested Sponsor Events
- Attend the Elizabeth Stampede General Meetings, PRCA Meetings, Marketing and Advertising Meetings, and the Sponsor Committee Meetings.
- Keep accurate records of activities and writing thank you notes when applicable.
- Fulfill reign for the selected year according the to Rules set forth by the committee.
- Assist with Clinic competition for the following years Royalty.
- Have fun and enjoy your year as the Elizabeth Stampede PRCA Rodeo Royalty.
All the below functions are mandatory unless otherwise excused in advance by the Royalty Committee.
|Elizabeth Stampede Work Day||Elizabeth Stampede to Read|
|Elizabeth Stampede Community Rodeo||Douglas County Fair & Rodeo|
|Elizabeth Stampede PRCA Rodeo||Home on the Range Casa Rodeo|
|Elizabeth Christmas Parade||Elizabeth Homecoming Parade|
|Elizabeth Trick or Treat Street||Elbert County Fair|
|Parker Festival Parade||Parker Christmas Parade|
|Evergreen Rodeo||Stampede Christmas Party|
|Elizabeth Relay for Life||NWSS Parade and Stock Show|
|Roof Top Rodeo||Whiz Kids|
|Pikes Peak or Bust Parade||NWSS Girl Scout Day|
|Elbert Days||Commerce City Memorial Day Parade|
|Cheyenne Frontier Days||Sponsorship Events|
|El Paso County Fair & Rodeo||Community Relations Events|
|Mountain States Circuit Finals|
Any and all other events may be attended but must be approved in advance by the Committee Chair or Vice Chair
Coordinator: Angelique Dieker
Committee: We are always looking for volunteers. If you are interested, please call Angelique Dieker
|Trudy Slack||Teresa Crowner||Janet Williams||Terry Reiss|
Please contact us at with any questions.