On behalf of the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo, the Board of Directors, and the over 200 volunteers who produce this rodeo, we’d like to welcome you to the 2018 Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo.
For the past year, we have been planning a great rodeo that we hope you won’t forget! From welcoming faces at the entrance gate to our cooks serving hot and hearty meals at the Hospitality Tent, all of us want you to feel like the honored guests that you are. If there is something you need or some way that we can help you out, please feel free to ask any volunteer who will be happy to assist you or find someone who can.
We will keep this page updated and it will be our primary source of last-minute information so please check it before you come. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call or email!
- Ron Howard, Production Committee Chair & Board of Directors, 719-480-1091
- Traci Swisher, Production Committee Vice Chair & Board of Directors, 303-960-1263
- Tony Pumroy, Production Committee Vice Chair, 303-901-9573
- Email: email@example.com
- Our PRCA Number is 1247
Bareback and Bronc Riders: Would you like to pad your pockets with a little more cash this year? The Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo in Elizabeth, CO, the Gunnison Cattlemen’s Days Rodeo in Gunnison, CO, and the Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo in Monte Vista, CO are proud to announce the third annual $7,000.00 Rocky Mountain High Grand Slam Bareback and Saddle Bronc Series. Rules and Information can be found (See link above for summary).
Win a pair of Justin Boots: All you have to do is turn in your autographed Justin Boots Back Number to the rodeo secretary before you leave the Stampede and you will be automatically entered in our drawing for a pair of Justin Boots. Please autograph with a sharpie on the number side.
Important Dates and Times
- Our PRCA Rodeo entries will be open Tuesday May 15, 10:00AM to May 16, 10:00AM via Procomm. Reentry date is May 29.
- Our PRCA Xtreme Bulls entries will be open Friday May 4, 12:00PM to Monday May 7, 12:00PM via Procomm.
- Reentry date is May 25.
- You must be a WPRA or PRCA member to enter the Elizabeth Stampede.
- All contestants must check in with the secretary one hour prior to the performance.
- Friday, 7pm: Xtreme Bulls and First Responder Night
- Saturday, 2pm: Tough Enough to Wear Pink Rodeo
- Saturday, 7pm
- Sunday Slack, 8am: Order: Steer Wrestling, Team Roping, Tie Down Roping, Barrel Racing
- Sunday, 2pm: Red, White, and Blue Rodeo
- The arena is located in Casey Jones Park, Hwy 86 and County Road 17, Elizabeth, CO. Enter via the Contestant Only entrance on CR17. Map .
- You MUST HAVE A CURRENT PRCA Card, WPRA Card, Permit or Companion Pass to enter the rodeo grounds through the Contestants Entrance. No exceptions.
Meals and snacks will be available to contestants and one companion on a companion pass free of charge. Additional meals can be purchased for $3.00 each
Payout per PRCA rule book. This is a Rodeo Pay event. Event champions will be presented with custom Montana Silversmiths Champions’ Spurs and a Wrangler Champions’ jacket. Performance winners will receive a custom Montana Silversmiths luggage tag.
Back numbers will be provided by the committee and are to be worn by all contestants, except during slack. Pick them up in the rodeo secretary’s office when you check in. Barrel racers: run-in start from alleyway; closed gate for stop; exit northwest gate. In the spirit of fairness, timed event contestants should not enter the arena before staging for their performance.
Open Arena Policy: Timed event contestants note that the arena is open ONLY Saturday, June 2, 2018, 7:30AM-8:00AM and 5:00PM-5:30PM and Sunday, June 3, 2018, 6:30AM-7:00AM, with times subject to change or curtailment based on stock contractor or rodeo committee needs or constraints.
We have posted Horse Free Zones to prevent biohazards in certain high traffic areas; please be respectful of the postings.
Please note that our specialty act may use fireworks or explosions.
— Back To Top —
Stalls or pens are available for rent on a first come basis at the Elbert Fairgrounds, 7 miles east of the arena. They also have RV hookups available for rent on a first come basis