We must have a signed liability release form on file for your participation. Use the button above to download, print, sign, and bring with you.
On behalf of the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo Association, the Board of Directors, and the nearly 200 volunteers who produce this rodeo, we’d like to welcome you to the 2015 Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo Association.
For over a year now, we have been planning a rodeo that you won’t forget! From welcoming faces at the entrance gate to our cooks serving down home cookin’ at the Hospitality Tent, all of us want you to feel like the honored guests that you are. If there is something you need or some way that we can help you out, please feel free to ask any volunteer who would be happy to help you out.
We will keep this page updated and it will be our primary source of last minute information so please check it before you come. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call or email!
Rough Stock Riders: Would you like to pad your pockets with a little more cash this year? The Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo in Elizabeth, CO, the Gunnison Cattlemen’s Days Rodeo in Gunnison, CO, and the Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo in Monte Vista, CO are proud to announce the $4,500.00 Rocky Mountain Trifecta Bareback and Saddle Bronc Series. Rules and Information can be found (See attached summary). We think it’s a great new idea and we hope you like it.
Barrel Racers: We have a couple of great announcements for you this year!
- We are happy to inform you that the Elizabeth Stampede has been designated as a WPRA Tour Rodeo this year. So if you’re looking to qualify for some of those limited entry rodeos, you need to come to Elizabeth! Here’s more info on the WPRA website.
- Every year we work hard to make our ground safe for our rodeo contestants and their equine athletes and this year is no exception. This year our good friend Shane Burris from Burris Rodeo Company has graciously donated the use of his Black Widow arena groomer. This will help us keep our ground level and consistent so that it’s safe and fair for every contestant.
Win a pair of Justin Boots: All you have to do is turn in your autographed Justin Boots Back Number before you leave the Stampede and you will be automatically entered in our drawing for a pair of Justin Boots. Please also print your name on the blank reverse side of your back number in case we can’t read your signature.
— Back To Top —
Important Dates and Times
- Our entries will be open from May 19, 1 pm to May 20, 1 pm via Procomm. You must be a WPRA or PRCA member to enter the Elizabeth Stampede. Those interested in entering our Community Rodeo on May 30, 2015, can find information HERE
- All contestants must check in with the secretary one hour prior to the performance.
- Friday, 7 pm: Xtreme Bulls only
- Saturday, 2 pm
- Saturday, 7 pm
- Sunday Slack, 9 am: Order: Steer Wrestling, Tie Down Roping, Team Roping, Barrel Racing
- Sunday, 2 pm
- The arena is located in Casey Jones Park, Hwy 86 and County Road 17, Elizabeth, CO. Enter via the Contestant Only entrance on CR17. Map .
- You MUST HAVE A CURRENT PRCA Card, Permit or Companion Pass to enter the rodeo grounds through the Contestants Entrance. No exceptions.
- Our Hospitality Committee has some great meals planned, with menus that include: turkey dinners, biscuits and gravy, meatloaf, omelettes, pulled pork, and a chili cookoff.
- Meals served to contestants, spouses and children only. No guests. Pick up your entrance ticket outside of the rodeo office.
- Serving Times
- Breakfast: 5:30 am – 10:30 am
- Lunch: 11 am – 3 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 pm – 10 pm
- Soup and Salad Bar – all day
Payout per PRCA rule book. This is a Rodeo Pay event. The winner will be presented with a Championship jacket and the runner up will receive custom spur straps. Champions should check in after the rodeo to give us their shipping addresses.
— Back To Top —
Back numbers will be provided by the committee and are to be worn by all contestants. Pick them up in the rodeo secretary’s office when you check in.
— Back To Top —
Free stalls or pens are available on a first come basis at the Elbert Fairgrounds, 7 miles east of the arena. Details will be in your contestant packet when you pick them up at the entrance gate.