On behalf of the Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo Association, the Board of Directors, and the 200 volunteers who produce this rodeo, we’d like to welcome you to the 2017 Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo Association.
For over a year now, we have been planning a rodeo that you won’t forget! From welcoming faces at the entrance gate to our cooks serving down home cookin’ at the Hospitality Tent, all of us want you to feel like the honored guests that you are. If there is something you need or some way that we can help you out, please feel free to ask any volunteer who would be happy to help you out.
We will keep this page updated and it will be our primary source of last minute information so please check it before you come. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call or email!
Rough Stock Riders: Would you like to pad your pockets with a little more cash this year? The Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo in Elizabeth, CO, the Cañon City Royal Gorge Rodeo in Cañon City, CO, the Gunnison Cattlemen’s Days Rodeo in Gunnison, CO, and the Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo in Monte Vista, CO are proud to announce the $7,000.00 Rocky Mountain High Grand Slam Bareback and Saddle Bronc Series. Rules and Information can be found (See attached summary). We think it’s a great new idea and we hope you like it.
Win a pair of Justin Boots: All you have to do is turn in your autographed Justin Boots Back Number to the rodeo secretary before you leave the Stampede and you will be automatically entered in our drawing for a pair of Justin Boots. Please autograph with a sharpie and print your name on the blank reverse side of your back number in case we can’t read your signature.
— Back To Top —
Important Dates and Times
- Our entries will be open from May 16, 10:30AM to May 17, 10:30AM via Procomm. Reentry date is May 30. You must be a WPRA or PRCA member to enter the Elizabeth Stampede. Those interested in entering our Community Rodeo on May 20-21, 2017, can find information HERE
- All contestants must check in with the secretary one hour prior to the performance.
- Friday, 7pm: Xtreme Bulls and First Responder Night
- Saturday, 2pm: Tough Enough to Wear Pink Rodeo
- Saturday, 7pm
- Sunday Slack, 8am: Order: Steer Wrestling, Tie Down Roping, Team Roping, Barrel Racing
- Sunday, 2pm: Red, White, and Blue Rodeo
- The arena is located in Casey Jones Park, Hwy 86 and County Road 17, Elizabeth, CO. Enter via the Contestant Only entrance on CR17. Map .
- You MUST HAVE A CURRENT PRCA Card, WPRA Card, Permit or Companion Pass to enter the rodeo grounds through the Contestants Entrance. No exceptions.
- Meals and snacks will be available to contestants and one companion on a companion pass free of charge. Additional meals can be purchased for $3.00 each
Payout per PRCA rule book. This is a Rodeo Pay event. Event champions will be presented with custom Montana Silversmiths Champions’ Spurs and a Wrangler Champions’ jacket. Performance winners will receive a custom Montana Silversmiths luggage tag.
Back numbers will be provided by the committee and are to be worn by all contestants, except during slack. Pick them up in the rodeo secretary’s office when you check in. Barrel racers: run-in start from alleyway; closed gate for stop; exit northwest gate. In the spirit of fairness, timed event contestants should not enter the arena before staging for their performance. Please note that our specialty act may use fireworks or explosions.
— Back To Top —
Stalls or pens are available for rent on a first come basis at the Elbert Fairgrounds, 7 miles east of the arena. They also have RV hookups available for rent on a first come basis