Bareback and Saddle Bronc Series
$6,000 Total Payout
The Elizabeth Stampede Rodeo in Elizabeth, CO, the Gunnison Cattlemen’s Days Rodeo in Gunnison, CO, the Ski Hi Stampede Rodeo in Monte Vista, CO, and the Royal Gorge Rodeo in Canon City, CO, are proud to announce the $6,000.00 Rocky Mountain High Grand Slam Bareback and Saddle Bronc Series
This series incentive is open to all cowboys who enter and compete in bareback bronc riding or saddle bronc riding at all four rodeos: Royal Gorge Rodeo, May 6 and 7; Elizabeth Stampede, June 4 and 5; Gunnison Cattlemen’s Days, July 14, 15, and 16; and , Ski Hi Stampede, July 29<, 30 and 31. The cowboy earning the highest aggregate score after competing in all 4 rodeos will win an incentive payout of $3,500 and a Champion’s buckle by IM Silver. The cowboy with the second highest aggregate score will take home $2,000, and the cowboy with the third highest aggregate score will receive $500.00.
- To be eligible, a contestant must enter and compete in the bareback bronc or saddle bronc events at all 4 rodeos.
- If a contestant enters a rodeo but is drawn out due to rodeo or stock contractor limitations he will still be eligible for the incentive award based on the rodeos he does compete in. Entering and then being drawn out of a rodeo will not disqualify the contestant from award eligibility.
- Entering and then turning out or being a no-show for any reason will result in loss of eligibility for the Grand Slam incentive.
- Rankings will be based on the highest aggregate score earned after all 4 rodeos, regardless of whether the contestant enters bareback bronc or saddle bronc riding.
- If there is a tie for first place by two cowboys, the first and second place money will be split equally between them. If there is a tie for first place by more than two cowboys the entire incentive purse will be split equally between them.
- If two or more cowboys tie for second place, the second and third place award money will be split equally between them.
- There is no additional fee to be entered in the Grand Slam.
- The Grand Slam incentive money is in addition to the purse at the respective participating rodeos.
All conflicts will be resolved by a committee consisting of a rodeo committee representative from each rodeo. Their decision will be final.